Email

For business inquiries email: cherienailart@gmail.com

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Urban Decay 15th Anniversary Palette Review

Finally I go around to reviewing this palette. I have to say as soon as I saw this go up on the Temptalia website I knew I just had to have it. So here are some pictures of the palette before we get into the review. (Click on pictures for a larger view).






As you can see the palette has a little corner where you can lift up the actual eyeshadows to reveal a small compartment to stash small goodies.

The actual design of the palette is flawless, except for the fact that fingerprints very easily are left on the reflective surface. They also included a very large mirror inside the lid which is an unexpected plus.

There are 15 never before seen eyeshadows which makes this palette all the more exciting as UD likes to use the same shadows in all of their palettes.

Here are up close pictures of the palette and swatches.






You can tell that the first few eyeshadows are little on the sheer side. I actually like that because you can build the color when you want it more opaque, or leave it sheer like as a highlight. My favorite colors have to be Junkshow (A hot blue-pink), Evidence (a deep sapphire blue), and Deep End (a teal blue-green). Midnight Rodeo has a lot of glitter fall out but you just need to use the right base to prevent it.

This palette retails for $55 at Sephora and is limited edition. I wish it came with a primer and eyeliner like many of the other palettes do but I am good without them. Overall I love this palette and hope that you will too :)

Here's a look I did with some of the eyeshadows:





No comments:

Post a Comment