Email

For business inquiries email: cherienailart@gmail.com

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Lana Del Rey Ride Inspired Makeup

SO I recently saw the new Lana Del Ray Ride video, and I could not stop watching it! I've always been a big fan of hers, but this video blew me away. I just had to re-create the makeup, which was actually pretty simple. She didn't go for her usual winged liner and red-orange lips. The vibe of the video was about being free and not being held down, so I don't think heavy makeup would have worked for that. Of course she still has on big lashes, but overall it was a pretty simple look. Here is my interpretation:



I left the eyes pretty bare with just a bit of shading to accentuate the eye contours, and a smudgy gray on the lower lash line. I also used large lashes. The cheeks have a touch of a peachy pink blush and a teeny bit of a contour, as well as nude lips. It's not 100% like Lana but it's what I felt inspired to do. Here are some screen grabs from her video for reference:



Video Tutorial:

1 comment: