Email

For business inquiries email: cherienailart@gmail.com

Monday, March 19, 2012

(Sigma) Mrs. Bunny Blue Essential Kit

I realized since I got these brushes for my birthday back in February I never review them! Well at least I have more experience with them now :) You might remember I wanted these brushes for my birthday, well my lovely mother gifted them to me (I'm so lucky!).




Okay let's start with the face brushes:

(From left to right)

Duo Fibre - F50 Specially designed to generate an airbrushed finish when used to apply blush, highlight shades and foundation.
-Love this brush for many uses, putting on liquid foundation, blush, and light powder application. The bristles aren't densely packed but they are firm enough to stipple on foundation.

Foundation - F60 Can be used to apply liquid or cream foundation. Recommended to apply moisturizers and conceal large areas.
-I use this brush for liquid foundation on occasion and it does the job, flat and dense enough for me.

Large Angled Contour - F40 The angled shape makes this brush ideal to apply blush or contour shades.
-This has to be my favorite brush out of the collection. I works perfect for applying blush and bronzer as the shape fits perfectly on the contours of my face.

Large Powder - F30 Very dense with a rounded top. Ideal to apply powder products on face and body.
-Love how big this brush is, great for patting on powder to the face.

Okay now the eye brushes:


Eye Liner - E05 An extra fine-tipped brush that delivers a precise, firm, even stroke to line the eyes. Synthetic bristles.
-This brush is great for doing a precise cat eye with gel or creams.

Medium Angled Shading - E70 Angled, tapered, flat top. Ideal to apply highlight shades underneath the eyebrow and on the inner corners.
-This had become my go to brush for applying highlight colors to my brow bone, also works well for blending.

Pencil - E30 Precise application of color on the crease, outer corner, upper and lower lash line.
-Good brush for out V area, and for smudging out liner.

Small Angle - E65 Essential for the application of gel or cream eye liner on the upper and lower lash line.
-Use this brush for my brows and it works great, I have yet to use it for lining, I prefer the E05.

Tapered Blending - E40 Rounded and tapered top. Specially designed to apply and blend color on the crease.
-Nice and fluffy, nice for blending out eyeshadow but I use this in conjunction with a MAC 217 type brush for precision blending.

Eye Shading - E55 Soft and dense with a rounded finish. Can be used to apply pressed or loose eye shadows and pigments
-Your average flat shader brush, gets the job done.

Large Shader - E60 Flat shape is ideal for application of cream formulas and eye shadow primers.
-I actually use this brush for putting a high color on. Also works for the lid.

Concealer - F70 The rounded, tapered, flat shape makes this brush ideal to conceal the under eye area.
-I use this occasionally for concealer, but I also us it for blending out cream products.

Overall I love these brushes, not only do they look really cute they are also very well made and are synthetic. I have to say the drying time can take a little longer than natural hair brushes but it's worth it. The brush holder they come in is also amazing.

The price is pretty steep, at $109 for the full set, but when you work it out you are only paying about $9 a brush and these will last you for years. Travel set is $59.


If you are interested in these brushes check them out
here.

I found a discount code for 10% off: MARCH2012
*You also get a free gift when you make a purchase of $30 or more.

No comments:

Post a Comment