Email

For business inquiries email: cherienailart@gmail.com

Monday, August 6, 2012

ELLIS FAAS Skin Veil Fondation Review

Let's just get it out of the way and point put that this foundation expensive. Very expensive. At $65 you really need to love the formula to justify spending that much unless you are a high end beauty junkie. Fortunately for me I was sent this product for review so I didn't have to splurge, I'll let you read my review and decide if it's worth the money.


Swatch is S104:


Let talk about the design of the packaging. I love how incredibly sleek looking it is. It would be super easy to travel with and you wouldn't have to worry about the foundation exploding in your makeup bag. The pen comes empty and with two refills in the box. All you have to do is pop off the black cap and screw it into the base of the pen.

The brush head is a little on the small side so I like to dot the foundation with it and then take my own foundation brush and blend it in. Supposedly you should be able to clean the brush head with some makeup remover, I haven't tried this yet but I'm I wont have any issues.

Coverage
With one pump you get a sheer semi-dewy coverage. It looks very natural and non greasy, just dewy. With some powder you can turn down the dewiness a bit. My shade is very yellow which is okay for my skin tone but I wish there was a better shade range. I'm a little lighter than the shade I selected and the next shade down is for a neutral skin tone.

So for an overall assessment I like the natural coverage this foundation gives that can be built up to a medium coverage. Has a nice dewy finish. Love the design of the packaging. The limited shade range and the price are the two negatives I can point out, but overall I really like this product. Sold at sephora.

No comments:

Post a Comment