Email

For business inquiries email: cherienailart@gmail.com

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Clarins Iris Blossom Eye Quartet Mineral Palette Collector Edition

As soon as I saw this palette I swooned! The colors go perfectly well together and I love the Iris design on the shadows. Let's see if it lived up to my expectations.



I've used the palette quite a few times now and the flower design is still intact so I'm guessing it will last awhile. Here are the swatches dry and over bare skin:



Honestly I don't see why anyone would use these shadows dry, the pigmentation is horrible that way. But if you wet your brush you get these results:



So as you can see these shadows just need a little extra love and "wetness" to work beautifully. The purple in this palette is so pretty and wet it has little bit of a blue violet duochrome to it. The taupe color compliments the purple really well. The shimmering white adds a nice highlight to the inner corners and brown bone but it's the least pigmented color in the palette. The black needs to be used wet if you want more pigmentation, but if you just want a hint of smokiness it works dry. Here is a look I create with this palette:



My brown eyes really pop with these colors, and I enjoy using this palette quite a bit. The packaging is also very luxe looking and is sure to add a bit of glamour to your vanity. Maybe the palette isn't a must have but, I sure do like having it.

No comments:

Post a Comment