Email

For business inquiries email: cherienailart@gmail.com

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Yves Saint Laurent ROUGE VOLUPTÉ - Silky Sensual Radiant Lipstick in Opera Rose Review

I have to admit I probably would never buy this lipstick for myself as it is $34 and I don't think I can justify spending that much on a lipstick. However....I had my 3 year anniversary with my boyfriend and lucky me I got to pick one out :)

I've always admired the glamorous look of YSL products from afar, I'm not even into gold that much but for some reason the packaging speaks to me. When you see the lipstick up close you can really appreciate the design of the packaging. The lipstick does have some weight to it, so it even feels expensive.



Here is what Sephora says: One of these Yves Saint Laurent ROUGE VOLUPTÉ Silky Sensual Radiant Lipstick SPF 15 is sure to be your new signature color: they're sensual, radiant, and strong. With shades that drench the lips with densely pigmented color and a unique color-shine complex, lips are visibly smoothed, plumped, and radiant with luminous satin color.

My particular color is: Color 29 Opera Rose - vibrant rose pink

Opera Rose is opaque and extremely moisturizing. I find that the color lasts on me about 4 hours, and leaves my lips soft. This color has in fact become my new signature color, it was Viva Glam Gaga before but this lipstick is far better. I love everything about it, and I'm kind of hoping I'll have another one soon.

Now I saw that some people reviewed YSL lipsticks as being too moisturizing and not very long lasting. I did not experience that with Rose Opera, and I find it to be relatively longer lasting than my MAC lipsticks.

Now to the question of whether you need this. Well if you had asked me before I got it the answer would be a Hells No! But now that I do I really think you should own at least one. It will last you a long time and you can always bring it out just for special occasions. I wore this for my graduation and it lasted the whole time :)

3 comments:

  1. I agree the price is pretty steep for a lipstick but as a splurge item every now and then isn't bad. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks doll! Yes I think it's a great splurge item, next I want a dior lipstick lol.

      Delete
    2. I don't even like lipstick that much, but goodness, the packaging on these is just so swanky. You know what I want to splurge on next? That darn Christian Dior lip balm. I don't need it, but it just looks and smells so wonderful. A LIP BALM! One of these days, I'm gonna have one too many glasses of wine and end up impulse buying it on Sephora.com.

      Delete